Editing Pollution Photographs:

WEEK 7:

3-9th April

After being unhappy with the colours of the photographs of my experimentation I decided I would import them into Photoshop and experiment with the ‘Hue and Saturation’ tool on various images. I love the results and documented them in my sketchbook.

IMG_6089IMG_6090

I also started taking patterns from some of them as shown below:

IMG_6091

After liking the way they looked, I decided to experiment and push my editing skills further. As said previously I wasn’t happy with the colouring of the first experiment I created with petrol- thus I took the contrast out, and darkened the shadows to make it look bolder:

 

I personally believe this image is so strong and contains rich pattern and context behind it. Due to this, I decided to combine this image with the previous ones and adjust the light on them both to see what I could create on an app called Afterlight. The results I got I personally believe are phenomenal:

IMG_3722 (1)IMG_3724 (1)IMG_3726IMG_3727IMG_3729

Using different effects such as hard light, soft light, colourburn and difference along with changing the saturation and exposure on each. I believe these look amazing, and immediately documented them in my sketchbook and took patterns from them, that I too love and think would look amazing as prints:

IMG_6093IMG_6094IMG_6095

For this last image, I decided to combine the Karla Black inspired patterns into this one too and again I loved the outcome:

IMG_3732

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s